What does this mean?
Another effort to stay ahead of the curve in our security efforts!
With SAQC 1.2 Payment Card Industry (PCI) certification of compliance, YourCause is able to ensure that all data passing through YourCause.com and the CSRconnect platform is subject to the highest levels of security measures and processes, including scanning general threats while processing donations and other system related transactions.
Actions we took prior to support PCI Compliance:
- Selected third party independent security auditor for network and application vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Installed additional hardware to operate a formal Intrusion Detection Service (IDS) within the YourCause server cluster.
- Issued the YourCause security policies for public viewing, which include: information security policy, information sensitivity policy, and ethics policy.
- Conducted an onsite, third-party security audit to review and assess the handling of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), network security, processes and protocols.
- Implemented that all vendors receiving information related to CSRconnect transactions to be PCI compliant as well.
You can read the full press release here. Cheers to developing global good in a more secure way!
– Amy Chait